Thursday 2 October 2008

I have sorely neglected this blog. I've not been eating very well and have slipped into old habits. Not dreadful, but certainly not ideal and my jeans are a bit tight and I know I've gained. I think my biggest mistake was simply losing interest once I got to 9st6lb last June ... I never did the maintenance routine as I was tired of tracking and counting points and wanted a break.

Well, I've had my break and have started to track again. I've done really well this week but couldn't go to WW last night as Grant was working. Luckily there is only one week in every five that he's working and I can't go. I'll be going down next week. I'm not sure what I'll weigh on the WW scales in the evening but on my own scales, naked and first thing in the morning I am 9st8lb (134lb).

I have to say that I have been following Roni's blog more closely and she is such an inspiration. I just love how she is so enthusiastic and how she really cares and is passionate about healthy eating, but is totally practical and realistic as well. Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about her approach, about how it's not on plan or off plan, on track or off, it's living life. And you just have to choose how you're going to live it and how you're going to treat the body you have. I think the most influential thing she's said was something like: Every choice is exactly that - a new choice and it has nothing to do with what you had for lunch.

I'm going to try tracking what I eat on here, because that will hopefully keep me posting and accountable rather than only posting on weigh-in day - after all, it's the day-to-day decisions that are more important than the weekly weigh-in.

So, today I had (and point value):
Breakfast
50g muesli with skim milk - 3.5

Lunch
spaghetti - 2
roasted veg sauce (I prepared a batch and froze in portions last week) - 0.5
grated cheese - 1

Afternoon snack
1 slice toast - 0.5
Laughing Cow extra light triangle cheese - 0.5

Supper
Grant was at work and I have been craving some kind of apple dessert so I chose to have a low point supper which was basically a repeat of lunch with a little extra veg and protein thrown in - this left me enough points for dessert

pasta - 3
roasted veg sauce - 0.5
extra mushrooms and carrots - 0
leftover low fat sausage - 1.5

Evening snack
apple, cut up and microwaved with a little water to steam it, then drained - 0.5
15g toffee fudge sauce - 1
digestive biscuit, crumbled - 1
tiny scoop vanilla ice cream - 1.5

TOTAL POINTS: 17
WATER: 5 glasses
FRUIT & VEG: 5 portions (yay!)
MOVEMENT:
minimal - only walked to school and back three times

Emotions: The weather is frightful at the moment, really windy and cold and I did find myself wanting to bake. When I stopped to think about it, it wasn't that I even wanted to eat anything in particular, I just wanted the cosy homey-ness of baking so I resisted. I knew if I gave in then I would only eat the baked goods even though I didn't specially want them.

If I still feel like baking on Saturday I might make something to take to the Hughes's on Sunday (we're going there for dinner).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing this. I weighed in at 153lb yesterday and nearly fell off the scale doing so. I've been eating like a mad cow on a hormonal binge, except the binge became normal. I was looking for the right motivation to drop the 20 extra pounds, and then possibly throw in anther five pounds or so to look truly luscious. Once again - you're my inspiration! Love you!

    ReplyDelete