Tuesday 14 October 2008

Breakfast
50g muesli with skim milk - 3.5

Lunch
2 slices Danish toast - 1.5
baked beans - 2

Supper
McDonald's chicken salad deli sandwich (no cheese) - 5.5
side salad - 0
dressing - 1

Evening snack
WW sticky chicken stir-fried with brown rice and soy sauce and shared with Grant - 2
Cadbury's Highlights nibbles - 1.5
one bite of brownie - 1

TOTAL POINTS: 18
WATER: 3 glasses
FRUIT & VEG: 3 portions
MOVEMENT: walked to school and back three times, walked into town and back

Notes:
We took the boys to McDonald's to celebrate Daniel learning to ride his bike. Originally I had planned on eating at home before we went and then just having a little treat there, but we ended up going early and I was starving. I ordered the chicken deli sandwich on brown, I ordered it as a meal with a salad and water instead of fries and a drink - how disciplined was that?! But even though it's supposedly a healthy option, it's still fast food and I felt it afterward. By the time we came home I was craving junk and really wanted something sweet. I resisted though!

I'm just forging ahead with my goal, I want to lose about a stone (14lb) by Christmas, then I can go onto maintenance points and actually be able to enjoy more treats over Christmas time without "blowing it". I know myself well enough that I know I'll indulge a little more than I should, but I'm okay with that so long as it's conscious decisions and not mindless eating. And if I gain a little, well it will come off in the new year. It's all about balance and staying in control.

For now, though, I'm kind of bored of counting points already. Grant is impressed with how disciplined I've been but it's only because I am determined to get to my goal quicker so that I can increase my points. That's why I never did the proper maintenance routine last time: I was bored of counting points, bored of following WW. I still need to fully accept that it's a necessary tool for me to stay in control long term.

One day at a time.

I do feel like I've lost this week; we'll see tomorrow evening. The next day is my birthday and Grant and I are going out to lunch for delicious Italian (sod the healthy choice for one meal - well, two if you count the leftovers I'll have for supper!) and I may even indulge in a brownie or two. Then it's back on track the next morning.

Conscious choices and balance. I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment