Friday 13 July 2012

I tried this recipe today and it was delicious so I thought I'd share it. The recipe is for home-made veggie burgers. The whole recipe is 16 ProPoints / Points Plus so either make
- 4 burgers = 4pp each
- 5 or 6 burgers = 3pp each
- 8 burgers = 2pp each
depending on how thick you like your burgers.

I also think you could really change up the flavours with curry powder, chilli sauce, whatever takes your fancy.

Here's the recipe:

1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 large or 2 small carrots
about 1 cup kale or spinach
5-6 basil leaves (I used dried)
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
4 tbsp rolled oats
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

Put the carrot, kale, and basil into a food processor and pulse it a little first, and then added the rest of the ingredients and blend thoroughly. Form into patties and fry on a hot pan spritzed with a little oil.

I had one 4pp patty on a slice of toast with a skim of mayo for lunch (5pp total) and it was delicious. I think a patty on its own would make a nice snack, or you could go all the way and put it on a burger bun and load up with tomato, pickles, onion, lettuce, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment