Monday 6 August 2012

So yesterday was weigh-in day. It was actually good because I could feel that I'd lost weight so I didn't really even care what the scales said. I also forgot that I needed to subtract 1.1kg from what they said, so I stood on them and looked at the total and just went, "Huh." Then I remembered and subtracted and found that I'd lost 900g. I was happy with that.

I have been taking two steps forward and one step back a lot but so long as my steps forward still outnumber my steps back I am moving in the right direction and I'm okay with that. I'm not on a race to the finish line, I am making changes that need to be sustainable.

I was talking about how I felt like I'd lost weight even though the scales haven't been reflecting that the last couple of weeks, and Daniel said, "Why are you even worrying about your weight now? You are so thin." And he's the first person to point out if someone is fat!

On Saturday I went shopping with my friend R and tried on some things. It was different to last time I went to SaveMart with her because this time I had much more choice available to me as I was looking at size 12 (US size 8) things. I bought a blouse, a top and a dress and felt fabulous in them all. When I modeled them for Grant he commented that I am looking so slim.

I still have a way to go, I'm not there yet, but I am thrilled to me almost at a healthy BMI, able to feel and look better in my clothes, able to wear clothes that have been packed away for ages, and still moving in the right direction. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment