Wednesday 13 December 2006

Project Jen begins today. Maybe December isn't the wisest time to begin, but I'll allow myself a slow start as I enjoy some indulgence over the Christmas season, then step it up a bit in the new year.

What is Project Jen? It's a makeover project. It's me reaching a point where I'm tired of looking frumpy and scruffy and unkempt. I'm done childbearing and now I'm reclaiming my body and fine tuning it. My goals include:

- losing 14kg (2st3lb / 31lb) and fitting into a size 12
- focusing on better grooming, including nails, using a hair straightener and taking more care with my make-up
- trendier clothes
- drinking 2 litres of water a day
- taking care to eat a little better / less

I certainly don't expect any of this to happen overnight and I know I'll have plenty of "why bother?" days, which is one of the reasons I've started this blog - to keep track of my progress and motivate myself a little. I'll also be posting progress pictures and I am to report my weight to Rebecca every Wednesday (that's the day she goes to Weight Watchers).

Grant and I have worked out a new routine - he will watch the boys upstairs immediately after he gets home from work on Tuesdays and Fridays and I will do a step workout. Before getting pregnant with Daniel I was doing a step workout 2-3 times a week and lost 11kg (1st10lb / 24lb) in three months.

Why am I suddenly motivated to do this? I have reached a point where I am just tired all the time because I'm unfit. My clothes don't fit me because I'm between sizes, and those that do fit don't look good because I'm overweight. I'm fed up of the "muffin top" (the bulge above my waistband) and my big bum. My body finally feels like it's back to "normal" (ha!) after having Noah and I just feel like my efforts at losing weight by exercising will pay off. I've done it before and I know I can do it again. Because I've done it before I know that it takes discipline and motivation.

So here's to new beginnings and goals and honing my bod!

No comments:

Post a Comment