Thursday 11 June 2009

Whew, it's been a while! But I'm glad to say that I am back at WW and actually enjoying it. HOORAY! I thought I'd never get there in my head.

I finally got to that magical place where I felt motivated. Although, I have to admit I am more easily distracted that when I first did WW and it doesn't take much to almost derail my efforts and get me off track. But I have done well so far.

I've been back for about 3 weeks. I went back to my meeting, trying a morning meeting instead of the evening one (it works better for me!) on 19 May and weighed 10st7lb (147lb) - yikes, that's 1lb over my original goal weight! That's 1lb over my healthy range! It totally freaked me out and that was it, I was back in the game.

In the first week I lost 3.5lb!! I was totally over the moon, especially since I'd been a bit naughty on the weekend and hadn't been sure I'd lose.

The second week I was also a bit naughty on the weekend and stayed the same that week - I was glad of it and glad I hadn't gained!

And then the third week I lost 2lb. I was so thrilled. I'd not felt as if I'd lost that week so it was a nice surprise.

I also mentioned to my leader, Lesley, that I was due my second gold star for my keyring - actually I was due it in March - for staying within my goal weight for a second year running. She made me stand up in front of the meeting, congratulated me and gave me the star, asked me to tell everyone my story and how I'd accomplished it, etc.

It was a really good experience for me. Since losing weight down to 9st5lb I have only been watching my weight go up a bit, then get it back down a bit, then putting a bit more on, fretting about the junk I was eating, trying to get motivated, etc. But you know what? I lost enough weight to get into a healthy range and have kept enough off to stay in my healthy range for two years. It was time I owned it and gave myself credit for it. So I really enjoyed that feeling of success and accomplishment.

This week I am feeling very motivated and on-track. Grant is working this weekend which will make it easier for me to stay on track! I find it's when he's off and we go and about and do stuff that I end up eating badly.

I have also found that if I stay off bread and rolls I am waaaaay less tired and don't have that desperate "I neeeed a nap" thing in the afternoon. Hmmmmm. I was always one of those people who said, "I could never give up bread," but I'm finding it quite easy, to be honest. It got to the point where any refined carbs such as bread, cake, cookies just make me feel like crap when I ate them - completely lethargic, irritible and tired. So much so that I don't even want them now, and when I do, I'll have a little in the evening because I'm going to bed soon anyway. It's working for me.

So here's to new beginnings and fresh starts! I'm now aiming to get down to around 9st (126lb) and see how I feel, how I look and how much hard work it is to maintain it. If it's a pain to stick to that weight I'm not going to force myself to - life is about more than being thin. It's also about birthday cake, eating out with friends and family, little treats and delicious new recipes and I have to have room in my life for those things.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:47 pm

    Way to go on the two years!

    Do you do WW online, or are you just doing it on your own with points? I found SPARKpeople.com recently and am trying to log what I eat on there. It's kind of a free version of WW online. Have you heard of it?

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must blog again!!!

    I love to read your work. Lest you think I am a hypocrite, I am starting my blog work again on Monday, January 11, 2010. Join me?

    www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    Denise Burks
    www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete